College Development Block
Extension wing of the College of Agriculture, Nandurbar established in Nandurbar is an integral part of the college which performs all the three functions viz., teaching, research and extension education.
The college development block was attached to extension wing in the year 2014. Previously it had 62 villages from Nandurbar tahshil of Nandurbar district and divided into eight circles, where eight Agricultural Assistants are placed to disseminate the agricultural technology to farmers. The extension programmes in the college development block are planned and implemented under the guidance and the directives of the Professor of Extension Education. The block serves as a laboratory for providing scientific and supervised training in the subject of Agricultural Extension to the students of the College of Agriculture, Nandurbar.
The objectives and functions of College Development Block are as follows
- To serve as an Extension Education laboratory to the under graduate and Post Graduate students.
- To test the Technology generated by the university on the farmers field by using various extension teaching methods and programmes.
- To provide the improved seeds of paddy, sorghum, wheat, gram, soybean, nagali etc. and grafts of important fruit crops on No Profit No Loss basis.
- To help the farmers, women and rural youths for entrepreneurship development in dairy, poultry, goat, fruit processing etc. to uplift their socio- economic status.
- To provide feedback to the university scientists.